How different Terence Stamp’s Host is from Julian Priest on The Hunger! How different his flat (when he isn’t on the street) is from Julian’s prison/art studio. Terence Stamp’s Host has art as well, a row of statues, along with many a hobby. He does appear to be replicating himself with a number of dopplegangers with a narcissistic passion, minus the destructiveness Julian Priest indulges in with his dopplegangers. The First Host doesn’t destroy his other selves, or does he?
When he was out on the street, was that truly the Host, or a doppleganger, looking longingly up at the warm and luxurious flat? Did a doppleganger take over that flat?
I’ve imagined Julian Priest as a reinvention of John Blaylock in fanfic, floundering in a human lifetime, after being an immortal. When Julian lashed out at the mummified bodies at the beginning and end of The Replacements, I could visualize Julian feeling John’s rage at Miriam for lying to him, and at Sarah for replacing him.
Terence Stamp’s Host could have been one of Miriam’s discarded lovers, revived and recovering from the madness of the box. I recently wrote a fanfic there this is so, and he has a conversation with Julian Priest, offering him his role as storyteller and so much more.
Terence Stamp’s Host could be other things. He might be a different sort of Immortal. He could be a host to Count Petofi from Dark Shadows. He could be one of Mother’s boys from Daughters of Darkness, trying to find himself in other people’s lives and loves. The possibilities for his characters are fascinating. The possibilities he and Julian Priest suggest for story continue to tickle at my imagination.
I doubt my imagination is done with either of these characters in fanfiction yet.
When he was out on the street, was that truly the Host, or a doppleganger, looking longingly up at the warm and luxurious flat? Did a doppleganger take over that flat?
I’ve imagined Julian Priest as a reinvention of John Blaylock in fanfic, floundering in a human lifetime, after being an immortal. When Julian lashed out at the mummified bodies at the beginning and end of The Replacements, I could visualize Julian feeling John’s rage at Miriam for lying to him, and at Sarah for replacing him.
Terence Stamp’s Host could have been one of Miriam’s discarded lovers, revived and recovering from the madness of the box. I recently wrote a fanfic there this is so, and he has a conversation with Julian Priest, offering him his role as storyteller and so much more.
Terence Stamp’s Host could be other things. He might be a different sort of Immortal. He could be a host to Count Petofi from Dark Shadows. He could be one of Mother’s boys from Daughters of Darkness, trying to find himself in other people’s lives and loves. The possibilities for his characters are fascinating. The possibilities he and Julian Priest suggest for story continue to tickle at my imagination.
I doubt my imagination is done with either of these characters in fanfiction yet.